Finding Temporary Files

ryans.918

I need help knowing where to look for the Wavepad temporary files. I have Wavepad still running now on my laptop, but based on previous experience I am quite sure that if I push anything I will lose everything. For more information and\or help with that please visit this post. I am working with "Fefferman" on this. I would like to try, however, making a copy of any temprary files before the program closes. I have read of .aud, .grf, and a "Temp1.WAV" file, but cannot locate any of them. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered! Thanks!

My apologies; I ‘deleted’ my reply.

I don’t know how to find the temp files, but I had questions and suggestions for avoiding the issue in the future. None of which would help with your current dilemma.

Reading over what I originally wrote, I felt the tone of my reply was off, so I tried to remove it. Sorry for the confusion!

If the program is still running with the file showing (which is not how Fetterman's initial post reads) than perhaps you could try saving it in a smaller format, ie: mp3, or maybe on a flash drive if the laptop hard drive is actually too full.

Something doesn't seem right to me; there may be a glitch in the software, but I don't feel like you have posted enough info about the circumstances to know.

Anyhow, it sucks to lose important files, and you have my sympathies.

Another thought, as a last resort, perhaps you could connect to another computer via line/headphones out, play the file and try to re-record the sermon?

Good luck! vapors

No problem Vapors, thanks for the reply.

The program is still running with the message in a second foreground window. Of course because the program is waiting for a response to the message, it will not let you do anything before the message window is closed. But, like fefferman said, if we close the window the program will most likely close as well. I think the only options are to (1) chance it and push "OK" to see if the program will stay up this time, or (2) find those temp files, and make a copy of them.

I'd show a screenshot, but I think the only way to do that is to send it via email.

• 2 weeks later...