Zoom 3025C Picks Up - Plays No OGM - Not Recording

Guest lajams

Using latest IVM software d/led from this site. Installed modem and drivers. Diags come back fine. Installed IVM and tested by callling our number. The modem rings three times, caller-id detects the number, but there is no OGM, and nothing is recorded. In the command window in the bottom-half of IVM, it says the file was discarded because it was too short.

I tested using the call simulator, and it creates a call alright, however, there is no wav file there. I checked the Sounds applet in control panel and the Unimodem Full Duplex Audio device driver is present as a device. The Zoom 3025c is the only modem in the system, and is fully voice capable.

I called Zoom and they ran the diags with me as well, and asked what error the software is producing. Of course, they said it should work fine and to contact Swiftech. :(

Any ideas? Here are the system specs:

Dual P3 Motherboard with 1 cpu

256mb PC150 memory

Windows XP SP2 with latest security updates

IVM 2.41

Zoom 3025c Voice-Fax-Data PCI Modem (latest driver from Zoom site)

Intel 10/100+ Management Adapter

No sound card installed...is this an issue? It worked fine without one in the past.

Thanks in advance.

LA.

Here is what IVM reports when a call is answered...I watched and it moved through to the end in a matter of seconds, then discarded the wav file.

12:00:02 Line 1 9135799486 [Answered]

12:00:04 Answered line [1 "Line 1"] call number [3] cid [9135799486] did[] drn[1 (6000ms)]

12:00:04 Play file: C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Default Answering Message.wav

12:00:04 Command - Leave Message

12:00:04 Leave message for mailbox:Default

12:00:04 Play system prompt: RecordTone

12:00:04 Recording File: C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\MailBoxes\Default ICM000004.wav

12:00:05 Recorded message discarded because it was too short

12:00:05 Call disconnected

Using latest IVM software d/led from this site.  Installed modem and drivers.  Diags come back fine.  Installed IVM and tested by callling our number.  The modem rings three times, caller-id detects the number, but there is no OGM, and nothing is recorded.  In the command window in the bottom-half of IVM, it says the file was discarded because it was too short.

I tested using the call simulator, and it creates a call alright, however, there is no wav file there.  I checked the Sounds applet in control panel and the Unimodem Full Duplex Audio device driver is present as a device.  The Zoom 3025c is the only modem in the system, and is fully voice capable.

I called Zoom and they ran the diags with me as well, and asked what error the software is producing.  Of course, they said it should work fine and to contact Swiftech.  :(

Any ideas?  Here are the system specs:

256mb PC150 memory

IVM 2.41

No sound card installed...is this an issue?  It worked fine without one in the past.

Thanks in advance.

LA.

I am no expert but here are my thoughts...

If it says the message was too short then either IVM is not set up correctly to listen to your modem or your Record Detect Level settings are off. Check your Record Device to ensure your modem is selected, your Windows Record Mixer to ensure you do not have your input line muted and your settings for Record Detect Level to make sure it is set at a reasonable level so that it "hears" an active call.

Hope this helps.

Using latest IVM software d/led from this site.  Installed modem and drivers.  Diags come back fine.  Installed IVM and tested by callling our number.  The modem rings three times, caller-id detects the number, but there is no OGM, and nothing is recorded.  In the command window in the bottom-half of IVM, it says the file was discarded because it was too short.

I tested using the call simulator, and it creates a call alright, however, there is no wav file there.  I checked the Sounds applet in control panel and the Unimodem Full Duplex Audio device driver is present as a device.  The Zoom 3025c is the only modem in the system, and is fully voice capable.

I called Zoom and they ran the diags with me as well, and asked what error the software is producing.  Of course, they said it should work fine and to contact Swiftech.  :(

Any ideas?  Here are the system specs:

256mb PC150 memory

IVM 2.41

No sound card installed...is this an issue?  It worked fine without one in the past.

Thanks in advance.

LA.

MrFarmdog,

Looks like you hit this, dead-on. I checked the message record/playback properties, and strangely enough, it was set to <none>. So there was no input/output path for the WAV processing. I used the pulldowns and set it to <modem# - 0> for each one and that took care of the issue. Strange that IVM would choose <none> over <modem>, but that is something I probably should have had a closer look at from the start. Much thanks!

LA.

I am no expert but here are my thoughts...

If it says the message was too short then either IVM is not set up correctly to listen to your modem or your Record Detect Level settings are off.  Check your Record Device to ensure your modem is selected, your Windows Record Mixer to ensure you do not have your input line muted and your settings for Record Detect Level to make sure it is set at a reasonable level so that it "hears" an active call.

Hope this helps.