FTP Incoming recordings not working

Guest Chris DeLaney

Guest Chris DeLaney

I'm trying to set up a FTP site for a remote user to receive dictations, but Express Scribe is having a hard time logging into it. I've tried every setting I know to tweak in IIS (Windows Server 2003), and I've verified at each step that I can connect to the FTP site with a 3rd party FTP program. Other FTP programs have no problems connecting / logging in, but Express Scribe just doesn't seem to work with exactly the same settings as what I use in the FTP programs. I've tried all sorts of things from anon to basic auth, virtual folder changes, port, etc, I haven't had any luck at all. Again, 3rd party FTP works just fine without a hitch.

Is there a problem here with Express Scribe's FTP connect ? Or is there some special requirement that I have missed ?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 month later...

Same thing was happening to me. Finally got it worked out with the help of tech support. Try taking the first part of the server address off. I was usint ftp:// and then the IP address. What we ended up doing was taking the ftp:// off and just using the IP numbers. Works fine now.

Good luck

dg