pscraja

I have installed the wavepad software and I find it quite good. From the

screen I cannot find that it is a mono or streo file since both of them

have two parts in the screen. The one on the top is very narrow and the

bottom one wide. Why should this be. If the file is a mono file, it should

show only one track. Only streo should show both the tracks. Whereas I find

both mono and streo have two tracks.

I am yet to go through the help manual fully. I would definitely give my

feedback after a some more trials with your software.

I had downloaded a file actdec.exe from your site to convert *.act files to

wave files. After installation, when I used, it gave an error message. It says that wondows has encountered an error and the system hangs.

Kindly advise.

pscraja

Hi pscraja:

The little skinny waveform at the top always shows the whole file and your position in it. By clicking there, you can quickly move from one place to another with the whole file. The big waveform at the bottom can be zoomed to show just a small portion of your file, so if you are zoomed in, you may not even see the spot you want to jump to, if you want to make a big jump forward or back. Use the little skinny waveform for these big jumps.

The big waveform on the bottom is controlled by three little buttons in the lower right corner of the file window. The "+/-" shows your file as a single wave. The next "L/R" button shows the file as a single stereo wave, with the upper peaks being "left", and the lower peaks being "right". The next "L/R" button shows two waves -- a separate "left" and "right" wave.

As for your problem with ACTDEC.EXE, I don't know what suggestion to offer -- I've never used that feature myself as I've only used WAV and MP3 files. Sorry.

Welcome to the users forum.

Jerry

Hi pscraja:

The big waveform on the bottom is controlled by three little buttons in the lower right corner of the file window. The "+/-" shows your file as a single wave. The next "L/R" button shows the file as a single stereo wave, with the upper peaks being "left", and the lower peaks being "right". The next "L/R" button shows two waves -- a separate "left" and "right" wave.

Hi,

My WavePad does not have the "next 'L/R' button." It also does not have a pan fader. It is version 1.2.

Thanks

Dale

Hi Dale:

Are you trying to PAN the sound of a new recording you are making, or are you trying to PAN the sound of an existing stereo file you are editing?

Jerry