combobox.js:123

e2o

Having had a little faith restored in the software, and now running another business using the paid version of Express Accounts (which works really well), I have tried to upgrade my old rolled-back version of EI to the latest v3.28. My plan was to use it for a week and if no glitches appeared, to pay for it. Unfortunately, I've hit a glitch.

When trying to use the web access, a user will open an invoice/order/whatever to get an error with the combobox.js:123 that contains the descriptions. Now for the strange part. A clean install on another computer and loading in some test data doesn't have this problem (we tested it to see if the latest version would have what we needed before trying to upgrade). As well as that, the actual program often seems to 'hang' for long periods.

So what's the best thing to do here? Completely uninstall and try again? Is anyone else having this issue, or is it my computers. It happens on all web access, irrespective of the computer. Even the same computer that previously didn't have any issue with the new install. Once again, I'm a little nervous about buying it if I can't use it properly without problems. I need to know this is fixable if I'm going to get out my credit card.

Another thing, I'm loading it on a windows server, and it's accessible through web access via firefox to anyone with a login (3 people). Could that be the problem?

Any help appreciated... Rachel

------------------------------

One top tip suggestion for the next version: The old v2.01 would automatically move to the items codes as a user started to type, this one doesn't. It was very handy! Alternatively, have the old item box return in a future upgrade so that users can search by description if they don't know the code. The new description dropdown isn't alphabetical... harder to find things when in a hurry.