Copy audio from cassette recorder to WP?

Tactics

Hello- its pretty simple but need a little guidance. I have a Olympus S711 cassette recorder and I want to load some audio in to WavePad but can't seem to get it right. I'm very computer savoy but this is new to me.

From the recorder I have it plugged in to the mic port back to my PC (Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium) line-in. What I read is I have to select it as 'dual' channel no mono. Device is set to speakers (also tried as pri. driver) no luck.

Recording device is Line-in. I hit record hit play on the recorder. Save the file but nothing is heard. I also read set my sound card up to mic not line-in (plugs in to the same port back to the recorder) and try it that way. No luck. Maybe i'm saving it in the wrong format? I have 7 to choose from and I select PCM. What am I doing wrong? thx!

August21201102#5643417639627057778

Sorry looks like you will have to copy / paste the link. it doesn't how up as my pics.

Edited by Tactics

Hello- its pretty simple but need a little guidance. I have a Olympus S711 cassette recorder and I want to load some audio in to WavePad but can't seem to get it right. I'm very computer savoy but this is new to me.

From the recorder I have it plugged in to the mic port back to my PC (Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium) line-in. What I read is I have to select it as 'dual' channel no mono. Device is set to speakers (also tried as pri. driver) no luck.

Recording device is Line-in. I hit record hit play on the recorder. Save the file but nothing is heard. I also read set my sound card up to mic not line-in (plugs in to the same port back to the recorder) and try it that way. No luck. Maybe i'm saving it in the wrong format? I have 7 to choose from and I select PCM. What am I doing wrong? thx!

Sorry looks like you will have to copy / paste the link. it doesn't how up as my pics.

Really? not one person knows how to set this up or can give some pointers... okay

• 2 weeks later...

I have made guitar/mic recordings right into WavePad via an external usb audio interface. If you are getting a signal the green bars on the bottom right of the record window will show some action. If you don’t see any, then something is amiss with your configuration, or the signal is possibly too weak? Hard to say from here.

My recommendation would be to try out Golden Records, which is better suited to this type of project. Once you record your files, you can edit in WavePad if desired. Don’t give up – this software is easy to use and delivers great results.