Ringing the phone only for a specific selection

sangbin

This is the setup I would like.

Press 1 for general info.

Press 2 to talk to an agent.

If 1 is pressed, the caller hears the prepared speech and the call ends. The telephone that's connected to the modem does not ring ever during this sequence.

If 2 is pressed, the telephone that's connected to the modem starts ringing, so I can pick up. If I do not pick up, it goes to an OGM for alternate selections, instead of going to the answering machine that's built-in to the telephone.

Is this possible?

If not, the least I need is to know when the caller presses 2, since I really need to talk to those callers.

I would appreciate the support.

Thank you.

PS: I paid for the Gold Technical Support. Does anyone know how to utilize this? Do I email them with the questions?

This is the setup I would like.

Press 1 for general info.

Press 2 to talk to an agent.

If 1 is pressed, the caller hears the prepared speech and the call ends. The telephone that's connected to the modem does not ring ever during this sequence.

If 2 is pressed, the telephone that's connected to the modem starts ringing, so I can pick up. If I do not pick up, it goes to an OGM for alternate selections, instead of going to the answering machine that's built-in to the telephone.

Is this possible?

If not, the least I need is to know when the caller presses 2, since I really need to talk to those callers.

I would appreciate the support.

Thank you.

PS: I paid for the Gold Technical Support. Does anyone know how to utilize this? Do I email them with the questions?

Hello,

It's not going to be possible to transfer the call to the local modem extension by making it ring. (you would need a pbx to do this)

What you could do...

Create another OGM - call this localtransfer (or whatever you want)

Record a 30 second OGM ('Please hold whilst we try to connnect you to an operator') or you could have a ringing tone (make sure this lasts about 30 seconds to give you enough time to get to the phone)

On the ADVANCED tab of the OGM set a short (5/10 second) audio file to play using the 'Announce Call through speakers by playing mp3/wav' option. (you don't want this to be longer as it doesn't stop when the 'IVM' clears down)

On the KEY RESPONSE tab of the OGM set the type to 'Menu - single key press'

then set the '#' button to 'hang up immeadiate'

On the MESSAGE tab of the OGM set the 'wait' field to 0... 'repeat' field to 0 and 'then' field - to the option you want if you do not answer the phone.

How it works...

Point option '2' to speak to an agent to your new OGM (created above)

Your computer will play an audio file locally to tell you there is a caller who wants to speak to you

The IVM will play a please hold message to your caller.

If you do not answer the call the caller will pass to the option you specified when the please hold message has ended (remember you made this message 30 seconds long to give you enough time to get there)

IF YOU ANSWER THE CALL - if you are lucky the ivm will disconnect automatically, otherwise you use your '#' button on your phone to clear the please hold message by instructing the IVM to hang up.

I hope this makes sense

Feel free to ask for clarification

Cheers

Adam

ps I'm not sure how you contact 'gold support' sorry