Audio Cassette Connection Issue

longmorn3

Good day. I have GR 1.71, which has been working fine converting vinyl tracks to .wav format. I have my turntable connected to my AV receiver (SONY) and am drawing signal to the Behringer UCA202 through the MD/TAPE OUT jacks with the AV receiver set to PHONO. That works great for the turntable, but no signal is detected when I set the AV receiver to MD/TAPE, fire up the SONY cassette recorder, and try to record. The AV receiver is working as the sound is coming through the speakers, but GR detects nothing. Is there a simple solution that I am missing. My cassette deck does not have a built-in amplifier. Any assistance appreciated. Regards, -Phil

Just thought that I would answer my own question. I did some research and found out that I could connect the Behringer converter to the headphone jack of my stereo by purchasing a 3.5 mm adapter with two RCA male plugs on the other end. I purchased mine at: http://www.justonecable.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_22&products_id=187 . It worked like a charm. The only "trick" is that the volume of the stereo or boombox has to be adjusted to get the optimum recording level for GR.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil