Talking to the user

Guest Guest_Adam_*

Guest Guest_Adam_*

Hi,

I use IVM Answering Atendant with VOIP, but I don't understand how you can actually talk to the caller once they have navagated to the right place. How do I set this option in an OGM? I don't want to transfer a call to a different line, but if I did do

Sorry, the previous message was incomplete...

Hi,

I use IVM Answering Atendant with VOIP, but I don't understand how you can actually talk to the caller once they have navagated to the right place. How do I set this option in an OGM? I don't want to transfer a call to a different line, but if I did do would I have to pay for this call?

Thanks

Adam

Sorry, the previous message was incomplete...

Hi,

I use IVM Answering Atendant with VOIP, but I don't understand how you can actually talk to the caller once they have navagated to the right place. How do I set this option in an OGM? I don't want to transfer a call to a different line, but if I did do would I have to pay for this call?

Thanks

Adam

If you x'frd the call to a normal number (ie non voip) you would have to pay for the call charges at your voip network operators rates.

Alternatively, you would need to purchase a VOIP terminal (a phone with a network port as opposed to a standard line plug - this would connect to your network) or a VOIP terminal adaptor - small versions look like a dsl router and normally have a net through port and two phone connectors (for normal phones), or install a softphone on a computer - NCH do one!

Whatever solution you choose - you would need a voip account for it, with this you would be assigned an extension number...

IVM would have to transfer the call to the voip extension number - calls between voip extensions are usually free (especially if they are supplied by the same SP)

Hope this helps

Adam