editing multiple tags at once / spacebar=play?

gomihead

Hey gang,

Once I've recorded all of the songs from an LP, fixed up and cut them into tracks, I want to apply the ID3 data to them. For the Artist and Album names, I'd rather not enter this over and over for each song. I tried selecting all of the tracks, then pressing cmd+T, but that edit just seemed to affect the first track. Any suggestions?

Also, after recording, I've tried to type in the file names over the default "untitled N" string. Works fine except that whenever I press the space bar it jumps out of the edit window and plays the track. The only way I can enter filenames is to never press the space bar. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

-Eric

• 12 years later...
On 11/14/2010 at 10:43 AM, gomihead said:

Hey gang,

Once I've recorded all of the songs from an LP, fixed up and cut them into tracks, I want to apply the ID3 data to them. For the Artist and Album names, I'd rather not enter this over and over for each song. I tried selecting all of the tracks, then pressing cmd+T, but that edit just seemed to affect the first track. Any suggestions?

Also, after recording, I've tried to type in the file names over the default "untitled N" string. Works fine except that whenever I press the space bar it jumps out of the edit window and plays the track. The only way I can enter filenames is to never press the space bar. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

-Eric

To edit tags of multiple files in GR, highlight the files you wish to edit and hit CTRL+G.  Make sure you have them listed in the order which you want them numbered, using the Move File Up/Move File Down (CTRL+UP or DOWN). Because when you do multi tag edits, GR numbers the tracks for you in the order they appear in the list.