printing memo from ivm

Guest fara

Hi

Can someone help about how to print a memo at realtime using information gathered by ivm?

Like this senario:

We want to print Caller's ID with name and address from a DB and print it instantly without user interferance.Provided that I Know how to get the information from Db.Thanks

Hi

Can someone help about how to print a memo at realtime using information gathered by ivm?

Like this senario:

We want to print Caller's ID with name and address from a DB and print it instantly without user interferance.Provided that I Know how to get the information from Db.Thanks

Hi,

As far as I am aware - you will not be able to do this directly from IVM.

You would need to write your own pluggin to get the information from the database and trigger a print event...

To ensure the pluggin returns before your OGM finishes it would potentially be worth writing two exes.

The first to query the database and find the callers information. (this would finish quickly and return to the ivm.

The second to print the information. (this would be called by the first exe but execute outside the constraints of ogm duration, data could be passed as command line - or just the record number so the second exe can find it.)

You could do this as one exe but i've experienced problems with programs hanging due to printer spooling in the past.

Drop me a private message if you get stuck or need a hand.

Adam