Foot pedal not working

stylo

I have just received a new foot pedal and having installed it it will not work. Do I have to do anything to the settings within Express Scribe to make it work? Such a long time since I installed my old foot pedal which is on the blink.

I have just received a new foot pedal and having installed it it will not work. Do I have to do anything to the settings within Express Scribe to make it work? Such a long time since I installed my old foot pedal which is on the blink.

I have got the pedal working. I found the answer on this forum - I had not changed the port to VEC pedals USB. All well now.

• 6 months later...

I had trouble getting my VEC Infinity USB pedal to be recognized by Windows 7. I spent about an hour looking for drivers and updates and then discovered the problem had nothing to do with either.

I wanted to share the solution here because it's something I never would have thought of. I love Express Scribe and don't want people blaming it for something that has nothing to do with it.

I was plugging my foot pedal into a USB hub (D-Link USB 2.0 hub). I've been having trouble charging my iPod Touch off the same hub and read somewhere that some hubs might not have enough power. I unplugged my VEC from the USB hub and plugged it into the front of my computer and Windows 7 immediately recognized it and Express Scribe had no problem configuring it or using it.