Different mailbox for different lines

sangbin

I have two lines, and one system of OGMs that both of the lines use.

At the end of the OGM sequence, I want the user to record to different mailboxes depending on the number/line they called.

I know I could achieve this by duplicating the set of OGMs and assign it to different lines, or have the user manually enter the mailbox number.

However, I was wondering if it's systematically possible to redirect to multiple mailboxes from one OGM by detecting the line number.

This will save me duplicating hundreds of OGMs manually. I would greatly appreciate any help.

I have two lines, and one system of OGMs that both of the lines use.

At the end of the OGM sequence, I want the user to record to different mailboxes depending on the number/line they called.

I know I could achieve this by duplicating the set of OGMs and assign it to different lines, or have the user manually enter the mailbox number.

However, I was wondering if it's systematically possible to redirect to multiple mailboxes from one OGM by detecting the line number.

This will save me duplicating hundreds of OGMs manually. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Hi Sangbin.

This is easily do-able...

What you need to do is make use of the variable %linenumber% or %linename%

Option1

When you add a device (voip or physical) you have to give them a name, you can find it in settings...

e.g. line one is called "Yellow Pages" line two is called "Local Paper"

You will have to name your two mail boxes exactly the same as each of the lines

e.g. mailbox one is now called "Yellow Pages" mailbox two is called "Local Paper"

In the ogm or menu item that fires the caller towards the voicemail boxes you need to set the name of the mailbox to %linename%. (this is a system variable)

how it works.

Caller dials in and ivm recognises which line the caller is on.

Caller goes through all of your messages until it is time to record something from them.

We have an ogm or a menu option pointing towards a mailbox.

We have told the ivm to point towards %linename%

Ivm realises that this is a system variable and rather than looking for a mailbox called %linename% it looks for a mailbox which matches the actual line name. (in the example above - messages from the yellow pages number would go to the yellow pages mailbox and so on"

Option 2

Call you mailboxes "1" and "2" (no inverted commas though!)

Point your 'Leave message for mailbox' mailbox id as %linenumber%

If you need a hand drop me a message (let me know how you get on!)

Adz

I'll try that. Thank you!

Hi Sangbin.

This is easily do-able...

What you need to do is make use of the variable %linenumber% or %linename%

Option1

When you add a device (voip or physical) you have to give them a name, you can find it in settings...

e.g. line one is called "Yellow Pages" line two is called "Local Paper"

You will have to name your two mail boxes exactly the same as each of the lines

e.g. mailbox one is now called "Yellow Pages" mailbox two is called "Local Paper"

In the ogm or menu item that fires the caller towards the voicemail boxes you need to set the name of the mailbox to %linename%. (this is a system variable)

how it works.

Caller dials in and ivm recognises which line the caller is on.

Caller goes through all of your messages until it is time to record something from them.

We have an ogm or a menu option pointing towards a mailbox.

We have told the ivm to point towards %linename%

Ivm realises that this is a system variable and rather than looking for a mailbox called %linename% it looks for a mailbox which matches the actual line name.  (in the example above - messages from the yellow pages number would go to the yellow pages mailbox and so on"

Option 2

Call you mailboxes "1" and "2" (no inverted commas though!)

Point your 'Leave message for mailbox' mailbox id as %linenumber%

If you need a hand drop me a message  (let me know how you get on!)

Adz