Version 5.00 does Scribe work with DVDs

krnotley

Although the Scribe page says it works with VOB, when I tried to load files from a DVD, it loaded each--however slowly, not too surprisingly, given that each chapter was ca. 1 GB--but only one of the chapters would play out of the four on the DVD! They each showed the appropriate time length, but nothing played, no audio, no video, nuthin'. As a not too satisfactory workaround, I loaded the wav files generated in (for Vista) C:\users\[myid]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current. But of course, without video, the transcriber can't identify speakers as well, graphics, etc.

How can I load from DVD and transcribe the video?

krn

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem. I loaded the VOB files directly from DVD to desktop then into Scribe - shows file, shows duration but nothing happens, it won't play at all, no audio, no video, nothing. But, the interesting thing is I also loaded the same file to Scribe on my laptop and guess what? it works perfectly with exactly the same files from the same DVD? The video plays perfectly? What can be wrong does anybody know or maybe the developers could throw a bit of light on this?

Stasia.