Crossfade

Guest knittencaboodle

Guest knittencaboodle

Hi. Just downloaded the free version to trial it and see if I like it. (Would certainly consider upgrading to a bought version if I do). I have read the inbuilt help topics but am confused as to exactly how you get the crossfade to work. It says to start with you have make the files you want to crossfade between into one file. How to do this or what happens when you do is not explained.

So, how do you get two files to crossfade?

What I want to do is take a series of files, pre edited, and set up a series of crossfades, going from one to the next to the next.

Can anyone help me? Preferably in a useful step-by-step way??

many, many thanks

:D

Once you figure out how to use it, its a great tool!

1. Load your first file. Now go to Edit menu -> Insert File -> End and then find your second file. The two files will now be merged together.

2. Find the point where the two files were joined together. Select/highlight an area around that point where you want the fading to begin and end. Now go to Effects menu -> Crossfade.

3. ok, now you need to enter values for Gap Time, Fade In and Fade Out Time.

Gap Time

This says how long the crossfade region will be, in milliseconds.

Suggested value = 1500

Fade In Time

The length of time to fade in the audio. The fade in will occur from the end of the selected region (i.e. it is a reverse fade out, the fade out will start at the end and go backwards).

Suggested value = 1500

Fade Out Time

The length of time to fade out the audio. The fade out will occur from the start of the selected region.

Suggested value = 1500

Once you are happy with your values, now apply the crossfade. The audio will essentially be "pulled" together so the end of one music track and the start of the next track overlap.

To split the files up again, select a point somewhere in that crossfade area and go to Edit menu -> Split into two at this point.

Guest knittencaboodle

Thanks so much!! It all makes much more sense now!! I'm going to experiment now until I get the hang of it!!

Grateful thanks!

:D