Open Email to NCH

blob

I emailed this 8 days ago, but I haven't heard anything. Before I wander off and leave, I thought I might as well post it here. :

Hi

Just an observation or two, with good intentions -

The VideoPad forum is starting to fill up with spam as people realise that the forums aren't policed by NCH. Can I ask if NCH would consider giving it a bit more attention, appoint moderators, or at least provide a "report spam" option?

Also, having unanswered questions on there doesn't seem to be giving a good impression, I'm sorry to say. I'm trying my best to help, but a bit more communication from NCH wouldn't go amiss - in particular it would help if we were kept up to date about whether bugs are being tackled or fixed and when we can expect new versions, etc. It's off-putting to wonder if a product is a dead-end and not being developed any more.

Wishing you continued success,

Cheers

I emailed this 8 days ago, but I haven't heard anything. Before I wander off and leave, I thought I might as well post it here. :

Hi blob,

I hope you don't literally wander off and leave. The only reason I've been quiet on the forum the last couple of months is because you have been supplying such good and fast help for those who post their questions. I'm redundant, yay. ;)

The forum has always been a self-help rather than a NCH help area in my experience, and there are positives to that, as much as we'd welcome more frequent input from them. If we are forced to push the software to (and beyond) its limits, then share what we learn on here, we gain and spread capability. This then feeds back into the next release whenever that might happen, just like it did for V2, which I find is a lot better than V1.

Anyway, enough from me. Please don't wander off.

Bruce in Adelaide