Please help with my sound configuration?

Advice Pro

My OS is Win Vista Home Premium, I'm using the trial version of Debut, and I want to record what I hear from my speakers. I think my configuration is wrong; I previosly had been using my headphones for playback & recording, but the recording didn't work for me with Debut, hence I want to record with my headset, but not via the microphone? I had to change my settings because of that. My sound settings are:

post-22025-125813746877_thumb.jpg post-22025-125813749013_thumb.jpg

At Debut > Option > Device tab > Audio section, for Sound Devices the choices are:

[Default Sound In]

Line in [High Definition Audio Device]

Aux [High Definition Audio Device]

Microphone [High Definition Audio Device]

Audio input has these choices:

Windows Record Mixer

Master Volume

What is Record Volume?

• 4 weeks later...

My OS is Win Vista Home Premium, I'm using the trial version of Debut, and I want to record what I hear from my speakers. I think my configuration is wrong; I previosly had been using my headphones for playback & recording, but the recording didn't work for me with Debut, hence I want to record with my headset, but not via the microphone? I had to change my settings because of that. My sound settings are:

post-22025-125813746877_thumb.jpg post-22025-125813749013_thumb.jpg

At Debut > Option > Device tab > Audio section, for Sound Devices the choices are:

[Default Sound In]

Line in [High Definition Audio Device]

Aux [High Definition Audio Device]

Microphone [High Definition Audio Device]

Audio input has these choices:

Windows Record Mixer

Master Volume

What is Record Volume?

With Debut Video capture open and capturing video.

Try is ---- right click on speaker icon—click on Sound---a box will open. Click on recording tab—you should have a line in device. Click on it to select it—at the bottom of box click on set Default---then double click on Line—line properties box will open---click on listen tab—check box listen to this device—set playback drop down box to speakers---click apply at bottom of box –then click OK. Then click OK on sound box. Hope this works for you.

Chainsaw1

I have Windows 7 64-bit o/s. I have 2 speakers but nothing else attached to my pc sound card at this time. I can screen capture video using Debut without any problem, but no matter what I do, no sound is recorded. The speakers work perfectly all the time. When I tried the "fix" suggested in this topic, the line-in option was grayed out since nothing was in it. How do I get around this, and make the right sound settings for Debut?

I have Windows 7 64-bit o/s. I have 2 speakers but nothing else attached to my pc sound card at this time. I can screen capture video using Debut without any problem, but no matter what I do, no sound is recorded. The speakers work perfectly all the time. When I tried the "fix" suggested in this topic, the line-in option was grayed out since nothing was in it. How do I get around this, and make the right sound settings for Debut?

Line in may have a different name. What are you using for the capture device?

chainsaw1

chainsaw1

The Debut screen capture settings have the audio section grayed out, "capture sound" is not checked and the capture device is empty. I cannot change them. If I click on the device tab in Debut, it is empty. I don't see my sound card in there, even tho the speakers work.

chainsaw1

since I'm trying to capture streaming video coming in from IE and Internet, is it possible that Debut will not record this sound even though it is capturing the screen perfectly?

since I'm trying to capture streaming video coming in from IE and Internet, is it possible that Debut will not record this sound even though it is capturing the screen perfectly?

I have only done device capture. I will see if I can get an answer to the Screen capture. May take some time.

Chainsaw1

Do you have a USB capture device? That is used for VHS to DVD.

I have an RCA input that I use to copy old VHS tapes into the PC. But, not a USB. I tried an experiment last night that was somewhat successful. I used a patch cord from the speaker output port over to the Line In port. Then, Line In came alive, and I told it to listen to the speakers. I was able to record the sound from the Internet streaming as I captured it with Debut. However, the sound was tinny and sounded like it was coming from a barrel. I tried to make sure I wasn't using any enhancement or delay features on the speaker side, but so far I have not cleared up that problem.

I have an RCA input that I use to copy old VHS tapes into the PC. But, not a USB. I tried an experiment last night that was somewhat successful. I used a patch cord from the speaker output port over to the Line In port. Then, Line In came alive, and I told it to listen to the speakers. I was able to record the sound from the Internet streaming as I captured it with Debut. However, the sound was tinny and sounded like it was coming from a barrel. I tried to make sure I wasn't using any enhancement or delay features on the speaker side, but so far I have not cleared up that problem.

What I have came up with good audio.

I have the USB capture device. Y-adapter (RadioShack 274-313) in speaker jack, one to speakers and one with 1/8th stereo male to two RCA male cord (RadioShack). The RCA males to USB capture device (audio R-L).

There is audio in the recording now.

SCREEN CAPTURE USE THIS FOR AUDIO ONLY.

What I have came up with good audio.

I have the USB capture device. Y-adapter (RadioShack 274-313) in speaker jack, one to speakers and one with 1/8th stereo male to two RCA male cord (RadioShack). The RCA males to USB capture device (audio R-L).

There is audio in the recording now.

SCREEN CAPTURE USE THIS FOR AUDIO ONLY.

I think I have that combination in my Radio Shack junk box! I'll give it a try. Thanks for the information.

I think I have that combination in my Radio Shack junk box! I'll give it a try. Thanks for the information.

Did this work for you.

I have ordered an attenuator to try. It will go from speaker to Line in.( then no capture device will be needed for audio) I hope it will work. When I get it to try out.

Did this work for you.

I have ordered an attenuator to try. It will go from speaker to Line in.( then no capture device will be needed for audio) I hope it will work. When I get it to try out.

I ended up patching from Line In to the front Headphones output jack. Specified headphones for the listening device and was able to record perfect audio using Debut. The audio is a bit out of sync with the video, but that's a whole other problem!

Thanks for your information!