Is WavePad Sound Editor Really Free Permanently?

alazose

Is WavePad Free Or Just a Trial Version?

I opened what I thought was my permanent free WavePad Sound Editor Software, and there was a message indicating that I only had a few days left of the “Trial Version”? What gives? I don’t remember reading anything about a trial version, only that it was a free version, period, which I assumed meant permanently. Am I missing something?

The NCH people apparently believe in brief replies to queries. This is the response I received from them:

"The trial version reverts to the free version with reduced functionality after the initial 14 day trial period."

It seems to me that they could have mentioned on the download page that this was a 14 day trial version, and that it would revert to "reduced functionality" after that period if you didn't buy the "Master" version. There is no information that I can find on their website as to what is included in this reduced version. Is hiding the truth and the facts considered good P.R?

• 1 year later...

I had issues too with the free part...it seems they don't have it any longer.

if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

this thing feeds off into the internet like tivo does, and you/we are at the mercy of the sellers

if they decide to change anything....it just goes out automatic

like when guys using tivo ended up getting updates to software that they didn't want updated, it caused them bugs headaches etc etc etc

only a programmer could remove that bit where it is calling out to the mothership

I wish I was one....

it could possibly nuke the older versions someone took offline, then put back online for whatever reason and it'll change it.

can anyone at the mothership confirm that the freebie wavepad is dead and gone?!

[[ been away for a while, just seen PINNED at the top sez there's a link to free version, but I wasn't going to test it out.]]