Separate a long mp3 into tracks and convert

pjlee15022

My band performed an awesome live concert and the recorded format is mp3 (one very long mp3). I need to divide this recording into tracks and change format to .cda or something that can be played on a cd player. I think i can handle the conversion but i'm having some problems separating the file into tracks. There are 16 tracks i would like to have on the cd. Is it possible to use wave pad to create that many tracks from one large file. Please direct me to a thread if this question has been answered. Thank You. P

Just about any program that Rips CD's to wav or MP3 can usually convert one to the other.

A freeware Ripper is CDEX . . . use that to convert your MP3 into a WAV file.

A freeware Wave Editor is AUDACITY . . . use that to cut and paste the large file into individual songs.

Then your burning/ripping software will convert the WAV files back to normal audio when it writes them to your CD.

Hi,

You can use Golden Records to do this. The software was designed for vinyl to CD/MP3 conversion, but it has a powerful file splitter that you can use.

www.nch.com.au/golden <= download golden records here

Basically just open your file into Golden Records, then double click it to play it. In the dialog that opens, you will see the file splitting options there. Basically just nominate the cursor points where you want to the file to split (up to 32 points can be nominated), Then hit the "Split File at Cursor Marks in List" button and the file will be split up at all the points you specified.

Now hit Ctrl+A to select all the files and hit the "Burn Audio CD" button. In the window that appears hit the "Finish" button and all your split files will now be burned to an Audio CD as .cda files.