Cannot burn .avi

sc285

I purchased Express Burn Plus, specifically for the purpose of thinking I could burn an .avi file movie download

to the DVD so as to be able to play it is a DVD player.

WRONG. The software says it does not recognize the .avi as a valid video file.

So just what DOES this software recognize? Or what am I doing wrong?

Running Mac OS 10.6.1

The audio burning and dvd data burning works fine.

The DVD video so far sucks....

• 1 month later...

I purchased Express Burn Plus, specifically for the purpose of thinking I could burn an .avi file movie download

to the DVD so as to be able to play it is a DVD player.

WRONG. The software says it does not recognize the .avi as a valid video file.

So just what DOES this software recognize? Or what am I doing wrong?

Running Mac OS 10.6.1

The audio burning and dvd data burning works fine.

The DVD video so far sucks....

I found this part of Express Burns features a little baffling too, the best thing I can suggest is the trial and error approach. I assume that you have a avi. file which may or may not have come from a torrent. The first thing I would do Is go out and buy a couple of DVD-RW discs, so you can fiddle around with the burns and keep trying each result to see if it works. Also avi files. should, if you have an ordinary DVD player (not Blueray or HD or anything like that, or similar TV) then use the DATA DVD button, if this doesn't work, go to VIDEO DVD button, and then BLUERay as a last resort. Also, try to play the file using Windows Media Player, its a good bet that if you can get the bloody file to play using it, you will be able to get it to burn, one way or another. Another thing, something that used to stump me 50 percent of the time, not all avi files are actually avi files. Try using the Prism Video Converter (trial version) that came with your Express Burn) and try converting it to an avi, even if it says it is already avi. If you don't have Prism or didn't get it with your Express Burn, download FormatFactory, it is the only converter I have found which is available on freeware that does not leave a watermark over the final result, the only trouble is it puts a ebay icon on your desk top, so technically its adware (but you can just delete the icon and check and see in Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs to see if its added anything you don't want, if it has just delete it. Formatfactory will still work fine.(Trust me, it took me months to find that little bit of software). Two other suggestions, the first being bleeding obvious, firstly try a couple of different types of blank DVD discs, if you are starting out buy DVD-R and a few DVD-RW's for practice burns. Lastly, "whew" make sure you leave the iso-juliet button as is, let that be the last thing you try to fiddle around with yet. Ive been burning every kind of file and disc imaginable for 8 months now for my DVD player, and I've never had cause to change it. Good luck with your burns.