Very green newbie

boothros

Hi! I'm currently using the free version with the hope of upgrading as the programme looks as though it will have everything I would ever need, but I can't somehow make things work the way I want them to. At the moment, I am trying to do something so simple that you will probably all laugh at my incompetence, but I've been trying all afternoon with no luck. All I'm trying to do is create a new file with a clip of one track (which I have already trimmed to my liking) to lead into a different tack which is played in full. I can't however seem to be able to paste/copy anything from the orginal onto the new file ('untitiled') though I have managed to cut sections. Could this be because I am using the free version and this is a function that is not yet activated or am I doing something really silly wrong?

I'm new to this forum myself; been using Wavepad (v3.05) happily for two years. It is a great product for its' price. Most of my work in Wavepad is cleaning up tracks from lps and cassettes recorded with Golden Records, or editing files obtained from streaming audio with SoundTap. Both of these programs work real well for my uses. Switch is very good also, ExpressRip simple and fast. I don't much care for ExpressBurn (I have an older version) - I use Nero on my PC.

Should you decide to purchase any NCH software, I'd recommend experimenting with the free versions, read as much info on the net you can find - like this forum, and buy those products you desire bundled together. Consider paying for the hard copy on CD as a backup (a bundled purchase will come on one CD) - it could save much heartache in the future. And don't lose the product activation codes / keys! (Print out and save the confirmation email.)

First off, my method of operation is to save my working files in PCM format, (attributes:44,100 kHz 16 bit stereo) in a "recordings" folder for streamed and ripped files and an "albums" folder for GR recordings on my desktop.

In your example, I would drag both files onto the wavepad window. Both files will display their waveforms. Select the portion you wish to paste by dragging the cursor over it and click the Copy tab. Place the cursor in the other file window at the spot where you wish to paste, and click the Paste tab. Use "save as" to save as a new file and keep originals intact. Simple enough? Perhaps you've already run this route and I'm missing something. Good luck.

vapors

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...