Foot pedal setup

kartmann

I am new to this and am trying to do transcription but I just can't get this foot pedal to work properly. How do you set the speed and the amount of backup when you quit pressing the pedal? I have tried everything. I can set the volume and speed on the express scribe and when I use the hot keys it works but it doesn't work with the pedal. When I quit pressing the pedal it does not back up at all and I cannot adjust the speed at all. Volume I am ok with. I am just starting out with new doctors that I am not used to and need to get this resolved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have the infinity USB foot pedal I purchased through NCH.

I am new to this and am trying to do transcription but I just can't get this foot pedal to work properly. How do you set the speed and the amount of backup when you quit pressing the pedal? I have tried everything. I can set the volume and speed on the express scribe and when I use the hot keys it works but it doesn't work with the pedal. When I quit pressing the pedal it does not back up at all and I cannot adjust the speed at all. Volume I am ok with. I am just starting out with new doctors that I am not used to and need to get this resolved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have the infinity USB foot pedal I purchased through NCH.

Playback speed you can control using the Speed bar on the bottom right, just move it left a bit. Backspacing you can adjust (so it goes back a few seconds when you take your foot off the pedal) by going to Options, then 'Auto backstep on stop'... I have mine set to 1500, just type in a number to see what suits you best.