Outbound sip calls

Guest NmySytes

Guest NmySytes

We're using IVM 3.03 and have two vonage softphone accounts. When I try to autodial, forward to telephone number or use message notification the call fails and I receive an error. Please see below.

00:09:51 Outbound call 1713XXXXXXX not answered

00:09:51 Call disconnected

00:10:26 Making outbound call to 1713XXXXXXX

00:10:26 Initiated sip call to: 1713XXXXXXX

00:10:26 Error returned: Not Found

00:10:26 Call has disconnected

Anyone have this problem or can tell me if there is a certain way to setup IVM to make outbound sip calls.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
We're using IVM 3.03 and have two vonage softphone accounts. When I try to autodial, forward to telephone number or use message notification the call fails and I receive an error. Please see below.

00:09:51 Outbound call 1713XXXXXXX not answered

00:09:51 Call disconnected

00:10:26 Making outbound call to 1713XXXXXXX

00:10:26 Initiated sip call to: 1713XXXXXXX

00:10:26 Error returned: Not Found

00:10:26 Call has disconnected

Anyone have this problem or can tell me if there is a certain way to setup IVM to make outbound sip calls.

Thanks.

I have Vonage and Softphone and cannot make outbound calls neither. I just hear the ringing.wav sound from IVM's system prompts folder and then the call just sits there. Then when I hang up...the display in IVM reads...SIP call Answering... but that is because it is detecting the 1/2 second ring that Vonage gives you when you have a call on the line, but did not make a complete or correct attempt to transfer, forward or 3-way a telephone call.

I don't know what the situation is, but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be nice, not sure if I'll find it here though.

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Could you please tell me how you setup IVM with Vonage. I am a vonage customer but I am not sure what to enter for the Domain and other settings. Also when it ask for a password is this the password used to login to my Vonage account at their site?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

I have Vonage and Softphone and cannot make outbound calls neither. I just hear the ringing.wav sound from IVM's system prompts folder and then the call just sits there.  Then when I hang up...the display in IVM reads...SIP call Answering... but that is because it is detecting the 1/2 second ring that Vonage gives you when you have a call on the line, but did not make a complete or correct attempt to transfer, forward or 3-way a telephone call. 

I don't know what the situation is, but I cannot get it to work.  Any help would be nice, not sure if I'll find it here though.

Could you please tell me how you setup IVM with Vonage. I am a vonage customer but I am not sure what to enter for the Domain and other settings. Also when it ask for a password is this the password used to login to my Vonage account at their site?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

You have to use Vonage's domain information. Which I don't know why they don't make this public. Vonage isn't too fond about giving this information out either.

But, you have to use "sphone.vopr.vonage.net" as the server name. The password is the password you get when you sign up with the Softphone program and service. This is a password that is in all CAPS and looks something like this "PTXHMXH92V". I changed a bunch of the letters and numbers from what mine is, but you get the idea. You can just go to your Vonage account online and go to your features tab, then go to manage softphone accounts...then push whatever comes up on the screen next to deal with that account and your password will be up on the next screen. That is the password you want to use to setup your VoIP section in IVM. Also, you must make certain that you put the whole phone number including the 1 for your whole sip id info.

Hope this helps!

Markus

• 3 weeks later...