Transcribing from Quicktime player

stylo

I use Express Scribe every day for for digital transcriptions. One of my clients also wants to send dictation from his mobile phone which uses Quicktime. At present I am unable to find a way to transcribe this via the foot pedal.

How can I get round this?

The other formats I receive are DSS which downloads direct to the Expressscribe and WAV which I have to download to the PC first then download to Expressscribe with no problem.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

One of my clients also wants to send dictation from his mobile phone which uses Quicktime. At present I am unable to find a way to transcribe this via the foot pedal.

Where are you stuck? Have you found a way to transfer a file from the phone to Express Scribe?

Where are you stuck? Have you found a way to transfer a file from the phone to Express Scribe?

The file was sent to me by email as an attachment from my client's phone. I can then open the attachment and play it but am unable to either save it or load it onto Express Scribe as I do with other attachments, i.e. am unable to play via the foot pedal.

The file was sent to me by email as an attachment from my client's phone. I can then open the attachment and play it but am unable to either save it or load it onto Express Scribe as I do with other attachments.

You could change Windows' file associations to always associate Scribe with the relevant file extension, instead of QuickTime player. Alternatively, instead of opening the attachment directly from your email client, try right-clicking on the attachment, saving it to your hard disk, opening Scribe and using File -> "Load Dictation File(s)" to browse to it and load it.

You could change Windows' file associations to always associate Scribe with the relevant file extension, instead of QuickTime player. Alternatively, instead of opening the attachment directly from your email client, try right-clicking on the attachment, saving it to your hard disk, opening Scribe and using File -> "Load Dictation File(s)" to browse to it and load it.

Change Windows file - I'm afraid you have lost me there. Not sure how to do that.

As for saving it to hard disc and uploading it to Scribe I have already tried and it does not work. Thanks for your reply.

I am now looking at downloading an amr. converter but not sure which one I can trust and if it will work.

Change Windows file - I'm afraid you have lost me there. Not sure how to do that.

As for saving it to hard disc and uploading it to Scribe I have already tried and it does not work. Thanks for your reply.

I am now looking at downloading an amr. converter but not sure which one I can trust and if it will work.

Thank you NCHDL. I have now located a converter MIKSOFT MOBILE CONVERTER which has enabled me to convert the amr file to a wav file which I can then download to Expressscribe and transcribe via the foot pedal. So I got there in the end - thank you.