Records ok but cannot hear it recording

Ronnie1a

I'm going from cassette tape to the computer. When i click on "record" the green bars start hopping around and in playback I can hear, clearly, what was recorded. But I cannot get any sound while it is recording, only on playback. Tech support said my noise floor was too high but I've reset it to their suggested -40 and then experimented with several other settings. Same results: it records ok but I cannot hear it while it is recording.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I'm going from cassette tape to the computer. When i click on "record" the green bars start hopping around and in playback I can hear, clearly, what was recorded. But I cannot get any sound while it is recording, only on playback. Tech support said my noise floor was too high but I've reset it to their suggested -40 and then experimented with several other settings. Same results: it records ok but I cannot hear it while it is recording.

Hi,

This will be fixed up in the next version of golden records. There is no exact date on when it will be released though.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This will be fixed up in the next version of golden records. There is no exact date on when it will be released though.

Pending a change in the software, is it possible to have an adapter connected to the Tape Deck so that one lead could go to the PC (Golden Records)and the other to the usual sockets on the amplifier. The recording could then be heard.

Thanks for any advice on this subject.