How can I implement this feature...?

Guest iamsuperman

Guest iamsuperman

Hi all,

When a customer dials to my office while my staff is talking with another customer on the line, my staff will hear some "do-do-do" indicating somebody is calling. This often happens so I want that any incoming calls will be redirected to a voice mailbox to let the customers leave a voice message if the line is occupied at that moment.

How I can implement this feature using IVM answer attendant.

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

When a customer dials to my office while my staff is talking with another customer on the line, my staff will hear some "do-do-do" indicating somebody is calling. This often happens so I want that any incoming calls will be redirected to a voice mailbox to let the customers leave a voice message if the line is occupied at that moment.

How I can implement this feature using IVM answer attendant.

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you've got one line with call waiting? (do-do-do) being the call waiting beep?

To use the ivm you'd need to get another line installed and then have a 'network divert on busy' service on your first line to pass all calls from busy line1 to line2 where your ivm would be waiting.

- if you don't want the expense of second line and have broadband - consider voip! it's not as difficult as people try to make out!