IVR testing using voice quality measurement

sevana

Hi,

I would like to ask the community about the following idea of automating IVR system testing:

- call initiation and user interaction are programmed with SIP

- when receiving response from IVR system I record it and compare against the original file. If I receive more than 80% of files similarity then test passed, if less than 50% then failed and if more than 50% and less than 80% then I repeat test.

I believe this can save a lot of time testing IVR system... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you provide more information regarding what kind of 'response' you are recording and comparing? A traditional IVR system would use digit responses, however it sounds like you might be talking about speech recognition?

IVM does not currently support speech recognition (at least not the last time I checked), theoretically you could save the recording to a file and run a plug-in executable that would compare the recording to a pre-recorded sound bit, but this would not be an easy task.

What is it you are tring to accomplish, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'voice quality measurement'?

--

Edit: Are you trying to test the voice quality of the system by playing a sound through the phone mic and comparing it to the original sound recording?

Can you provide more information regarding what kind of 'response' you are recording and comparing? A traditional IVR system would use digit responses, however it sounds like you might be talking about speech recognition?

IVM does not currently support speech recognition (at least not the last time I checked), theoretically you could save the recording to a file and run a plug-in executable that would compare the recording to a pre-recorded sound bit, but this would not be an easy task.

What is it you are tring to accomplish, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'voice quality measurement'?

--

Edit: Are you trying to test the voice quality of the system by playing a sound through the phone mic and comparing it to the original sound recording?

Hi,

This is my point - to save recording to a file and run executable that compares it against the pre-recorded original. It would have not been an easy task, but I found the software, which can do that quite well.

That's another point: if I have voice quality testing software then I don't need speech recognition for this particular case.

And you are right: I am trying to test the voice quality of the system by playing a sound through the phone mic and comparing it to the original sound recording.