nothing appears at loading

Guest László

Guest László

When I open an audio file, the loading bars show that file is loaded, I also see the time how long is the whole, but neither visually nor audible nothing is appeared :-(((

The pointer proceeds slowly when start playing, but absolutely nothing can be heard or seen (wave shape or something) A couple of weeks ago still worked fine. Reinstalling the software doesn't help :-((

Could you ??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest_John_*

I have just installed the program on a PC with on board audio (nforce) running Windows 2000 Pro. I have the same problem. The files that play fine in SoundRecorder or Media Player are completely silent in Wave Pad.

Hope someone has the answer because I'm sure the software is great when it works!

Guest Guest_John_*
Do you have many other programs that are running when you are using WavePad (including programs that are running in the background)? Try to close these programs and see what happens. It seems to be that some program has used all PC memory.

WavePad was the only program running. And I have 1 gig of RAM memory! but I have noticed that it works in the Administrator profile and not in the user profile. Maybe it is a question of file/folder permissions?

when wavepad opens files it decompresses them to temp files so you can edit them. The temp files are created in a folder only writable by administrators.

We will see what we can do for the next version to get it working ok in restricted mode.

Guest Guest_John_*
when wavepad opens files it decompresses them to temp files so you can edit them. The temp files are created in a folder only writable by administrators.

We will see what we can do for the next version to get it working ok in restricted mode.

Any chance of knowing the temporary folder so I can change the permissions? I had a look but couldn't find anything obvious. Otherwise the program is so good!

ah wait, ignore my last post, I just remembered you can set the temp folder to whatever you want!

Go to File menu -> Settings... -> Audio Processing tab -> see the "Audio Working Folder" bit -> change the folder to whatever you want