Switch and rm files

E9B6

I posted that Switch wasn't saving files - not quite true. I have some rm files which I want to swap to mp3 so I can chop them around a bit.

So I have done a bit of trial and error and come up with the following

Switch will convert rm files to wav and save them.

It will convert them to mp3, say that it is saving them, then does nothing.

It will take the wav file and say it is saving them to mp3 format and again does nothing.

So is the problem with the mp3 format?

Any solutions please?

• 2 weeks later...

what sort of wave settings are you using? PCM 44100Hz stereo? or something else?

we have had a couple of reports about this issue, but so far cannot get anyone to reliably tell us how to reproduce it, so we cannot get it to fail on our end as a result.

what sort of wave settings are you using? PCM 44100Hz stereo? or something else?

we have had a couple of reports about this issue, but so far cannot get anyone to reliably tell us how to reproduce it, so we cannot get it to fail on our end as a result.

Converting from rm to mp3 - always worked in the past. Using 44 128 kbit.

The program simply now says it is saving the files but doesn't. At the moment I am converting to wav then using audacity to convert to mp3. What extra information can I give you - is there any way of generating a report on what is or what is not happening.

hey you seem pretty cool, can I send you a diagnostic version of Switch to try out? send me an email at tj[at]nch.com.au and I will send you one if you like.

alternatively, what size is the .rm file you are working with? If its a few mb or less, any chance of sending it to me to analyze? That would be an even better option, because I can run more extensive testing on my end. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what is your email address? I don't think I got an email from you....

I sent you two emails on the 18th September 2005

I don't put my email address in public forums because everytime I do I get spammed something rotten. I have learned the hard way.

I will email you again.

tip: you can write your email address in forums, just don't write it *properly*

e.g. don't write [name]@[domain.com]

instead do something like [name] [at] [domain.com]

the bots scouring the web aren't quite smart enough to pick that up. I've been using this "technique" for awhile and I only get maybe 1 piece of spam a week.