Keyboard

acebass

Hi Folks,

Recently downloaded MixPad so just starting to play about with it. I got the impression that, as you can download your voice, you could download a live instrument particularly as there's also the Instrument Tuner software. But I can't record my keyboard onto a track (connected through an ISB/MIDI box). Am I overestimating the facilities/capabilities on the MixPad software or am I doing something wrong? The MixPad manual also says "You can specify what sound recording device, recording channel and other recording options you want to use for a track by right clicking on the track and selecting Set Recording Device." But I don't see that Set Recording Device option either. I'm a bit lost!

acebass

:blink:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Folks,

Recently downloaded MixPad so just starting to play about with it. I got the impression that, as you can download your voice, you could download a live instrument particularly as there's also the Instrument Tuner software. But I can't record my keyboard onto a track (connected through an ISB/MIDI box). Am I overestimating the facilities/capabilities on the MixPad software or am I doing something wrong? The MixPad manual also says "You can specify what sound recording device, recording channel and other recording options you want to use for a track by right clicking on the track and selecting Set Recording Device." But I don't see that Set Recording Device option either. I'm a bit lost!

acebass

:blink:

Hey ACE. I just plug my output or earphone jack into my linr in on the comp and thats it! Simple as it gets!!

• 2 months later...
Hey ACE. I just plug my output or earphone jack into my linr in on the comp and thats it! Simple as it gets!!

Hi Roy, Never did get back to you to say 'Thanks', so here it is! I carried out your suggestion and with another couple of settings tweaked, I've started recording. Result! Thanks again. ACE

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Roy, Never did get back to you to say 'Thanks', so here it is! I carried out your suggestion and with another couple of settings tweaked, I've started recording. Result! Thanks again. ACE

ACE, what other settings did you tweak? I have a keyboard that has a USB connection, but I cannot get the driver to show in the drop down device list in the Set Track Recording Options list. I've been plugging the keyboard's phone/output into my soundcard's mic input, but it's kind of noisy/hissy, and when I also want to record a vocal track I keep having to unplug and replug the mic and keyboard into the one jack in my soundcard (pain in the neck). nibor