Converting Wav To Mp3

beth2386

Heres my problem, i got some flac files to convert to wav, now they play just dandy on winamp but i cannot get switch sound to convert them to mp3.. i originally tried just to convert them when they were flac but it said it couldn't. so I converted them with winamp thinking it would go to mp3.. but it didn't now its only playing on winamp and the switch sound converter won't do anything to convert them

and its really strange when i place the file in the switch converter, its still showing up as a flac file but its playing on winamp as wav? wtf is going on, im not that stupid and its always worked before.

and it won't burn to a cd. wont even let me open it with Windows Media.. someone please please help. and dumb it down for me, no technie talk.. i won't follow.

thanks

Beth

• 2 weeks later...
Heres my problem, i got some flac files to convert to wav, now they play just dandy on winamp but i cannot get switch sound to convert them to mp3.. i originally tried just to convert them when they were flac but it said it couldn't. so I converted them with winamp thinking it would go to mp3.. but it didn't now its only playing on winamp and the switch sound converter won't do anything to convert them

and its really strange when i place the file in the switch converter, its still showing up as a flac file but its playing on winamp as wav? wtf is going on, im not that stupid and its always worked before.

and it won't burn to a cd. wont even let me open it with Windows Media.. someone please please help. and dumb it down for me, no technie talk.. i won't follow.

thanks

Beth

Hi Beth,

I have problems in converting when I use my vista notebook, no probs in XP.

Is yours related to this?

Gosia

You didn't mention your operating system. Since different OS versions of Switch support different file types, it's important information. For now, let's assume you use Windows.

If you "right click" on any of the files you are working with in Windows Explorer, what does "properties" tell you about the file? If it says that the file is a ".flac" audio file, then that's what it is, regardless of what the file suffix (the last letters after the dot in the file name) says it is. If anyone simply changed file names, (Example: Heros.flac to Heros.mp3), then that could cause many problems for programs trying to open those files. That would be the first thing to check.

I double-checked the Switch help pages. Their Windows version does support opening ".flac" files. You should have no problem opening and converting those files. Do you remember the exact error message that Switch gives you when you try to convert?

Also, I went to the Winamp home page. Their information doesn't say anything about being able to convert audio files. Winamp can play ".flac" files. It can rip and burn CDs. But as far as I can tell, it can't convert anything other than converting files from a CD to various formats, assuming you have the "Pro" version.