Foot pedal "clicks"

mec21045

I have tried several times over the past week to install my Infinity foot pedal and NCH transcription software. I do not receive any verification that drivers or pedal are installed although Express Sscribe opens. When I depress the foot pedal I only get a loud "click" sound and no reaction from the screen or transcription. The file type is .wma and I did follow the directions for choosing that type. as well as the download of the vecusb.exe file. The CD plays just fine through the computer, and I tried another

CD and have the same result. Help please. Telly100

I have tried several times over the past week to install my Infinity foot pedal and NCH transcription software. I do not receive any verification that drivers or pedal are installed although Express Sscribe opens. When I depress the foot pedal I only get a loud "click" sound and no reaction from the screen or transcription. The file type is .wma and I did follow the directions for choosing that type.

Are you able to playback the audio using the keyboard short-cuts or on-screen buttons?

I am having the same problem. I know that Express Scribe is working because I can hear other files. I have Windows XP and the sender is using a much older version of Windows. Could that be the problem? I read somewhere that my C drive may be too crowded so I cleaned it out and I still hear the clicks. What else can I do?