web page plays shortened messages?

Vchat20

anyone ever experience this? every time i try to play a message on the web page its limited to something like 4 seconds. playing back the message in the main IVM system works just fine, i get the full message. any ideas? btw, its playing through the quicktime plugin so i dont have to mess with opening an mp3 player to listen to the messages.

also on a side note: will IVM properly "tune out" if i pick up a phone in the middle of it answering like a normal answering machine would?

• 1 month later...
anyone ever experience this? every time i try to play a message on the web page its limited to something like 4 seconds. playing back the message in the main IVM system works just fine, i get the full message. any ideas? btw, its playing through the quicktime plugin so i dont have to mess with opening an mp3 player to listen to the messages.

also on a side note: will IVM properly "tune out" if i pick up a phone in the middle of it answering like a normal answering machine would?

If I use Firefox to listen to my messages it uses a Quicktime plugin to play the messages and it only plays about 4 seconds.

If I use IE to listen to my messages it makes me manually chose the player (which can take a long time to load the list of choices). I then choose Windows Media Player and it plays the entire message.

So neither of these work very well.

• 2 months later...
Guest Lkoziarz

I'm seeing this a well, on a registered copy of the program. I also get Quicktime to play the file, and it gets cut off after 4 seconds. What is making this happen?

Guest Don in Austin Texas

I use Internet Explorer and removed Quicktime from my system. Windows Media Player is the default player and it works fine. It streams so plays almost immediately. i could not get Firefox to do that.