Fragmenting Recordings

jack6626

Help!!

I started using Golden Records Software about two weeks ago and it was fine.

Recently, when I started to record both audiotapes and vynil discs the recordings started to fragment into many channels.

If an LP had say four tracks I end up with about thirty tracks. This is not usable

Any ideas on how can rectify this problem

Am using version 1.3

THanks

Jack6626

Help!!

I started using Golden Records Software about two weeks ago and it was fine.

Recently, when I started to record both audiotapes and vynil discs the recordings started to fragment into many channels.

If an LP had say four tracks I end up with about thirty tracks. This is not usable

Any ideas on how can rectify this problem

Am using version 1.3

THanks

Jack6626

Hello Jack 6626. There are a couple of possibilities - the floor noise is not set correctly and/or your setting for detecting end of track is too short. Use the Recording Wizard to properly set your parameters, particularly the floor noise. You must measure that in the space between tracks and click the button to set it. You can also set it manually if you prefer, or if the auto setting doesn't solve the problem. Try setting the floor noise lower so that GR does not interpret quiet passages as floor noise and split the track. For the track splitting time, that is under a menu item (I don't have GR on this computer and my laptop is not here right now), and you can set a period of 1 to 9 seconds if I recall. That doesn't always work perfectly. I use WavePad to splice together any tracks that get incorrectly split, normally happens with very quiet passages or on the fade at the end of a track.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 2 weeks later...