Unique Issue

PAHansen

<_< I purchased WavePad, Express Burn Plus, and MixPad back in May of 2008 and have enjoyed using it.

Over a month ago, my laptop developed problems in the wireless network switch and had to be sent in for repair. I backed up my files to a Maxtor drive and I also am a Carbonite on-line backup service customer...which I thought would be good enough...especially when I discovered the repair service "re-imaged" my hard drive (that means ERASED!!). Now, I tried to open the software from the backup and it thinks I've not purchased it. I found an input box where I tried entering the ID Number and Key, but it tells me it's not valid for this version and I need to upgrade. I WAS perfectly happy with the software the way it was and I don't want to be spending money needlessly.

I went to the support page and found that the only support I could get was at a dear price, and it appears that even at that, you can't get help beyond three months from the date of purchase...I'm way beyond that. I seem to have located a special need that the NCH support team hadn't planned for, and I haven't noticed any other way of getting in touch with the company. Maybe I've missed something...

Has anyone else had a problem like this who can help me?

Hi,

First, we answer all e-mails that are sent to the via support link at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html. They are responded to order they are received despite someone not purchasing support.

This is why on each forum we have topics about where you need to go in order to gain assistance from support.

You will need to install the original setup.exe file that you downloaded when purchasing your licence. Since your ID Key information is locked into a particular version of the software that was purchased. The registration key only works with the version that is purchased not for any other major new version released. In order for the ID key information

to work you must have reinstalled the version of the software that was purchased.

If you do not want to purchase an upgraded license you need to make sure that your software is not upgraded to the latest version once you successfully register the software.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to know I can get a little general support anyway at that support link. Thank you. My perception was that I was staring at a stone wall.

Next: "You will need to install the original setup.exe file that you downloaded when purchasing your licence."

<_< I realize that. That's the problem. So far, I haven't been able to find it. I had hoped I would recognize it. I'll keep looking. I would have wished that I could have gotten in touch with NCH more easily, but then that would run the cost of software up I'm sure.

Thanks for responding. I, myself, would have responded sooner, but I assumed I would be emailed when I got a response. Maybe this forum is different. If someone can tell me how to subscribe to email response I'd appreciate it. Until then, I'll try to remember to check back.

Hi,

First, we answer all e-mails that are sent to the via support link at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html. They are responded to order they are received despite someone not purchasing support.

This is why on each forum we have topics about where you need to go in order to gain assistance from support.

You will need to install the original setup.exe file that you downloaded when purchasing your licence. Since your ID Key information is locked into a particular version of the software that was purchased. The registration key only works with the version that is purchased not for any other major new version released. In order for the ID key information

to work you must have reinstalled the version of the software that was purchased.

If you do not want to purchase an upgraded license you need to make sure that your software is not upgraded to the latest version once you successfully register the software.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
<_< I purchased WavePad, Express Burn Plus, and MixPad back in May of 2008 and have enjoyed using it.

Over a month ago, my laptop developed problems in the wireless network switch and had to be sent in for repair. I backed up my files to a Maxtor drive and I also am a Carbonite on-line backup service customer...which I thought would be good enough...especially when I discovered the repair service "re-imaged" my hard drive (that means ERASED!!). Now, I tried to open the software from the backup and it thinks I've not purchased it. I found an input box where I tried entering the ID Number and Key, but it tells me it's not valid for this version and I need to upgrade. I WAS perfectly happy with the software the way it was and I don't want to be spending money needlessly.

I went to the support page and found that the only support I could get was at a dear price, and it appears that even at that, you can't get help beyond three months from the date of purchase...I'm way beyond that. I seem to have located a special need that the NCH support team hadn't planned for, and I haven't noticed any other way of getting in touch with the company. Maybe I've missed something...

Has anyone else had a problem like this who can help me?

Hello. I, too, was enjoying the Master's Edition that I purchased a couple years ago, when suddenly yesterday the Express Burn feature stopped working, telling me that the trial version was over and I needed to upgrade. There were no changes to my computer - the "trial version" message merely appeared. I could not find any way to communicate my problem to the NCH software people - that venue does not exist unless you pay big bucks for their trouble-shooting service. I decided to download their free Express Burn feature, but it didn't work, so I uninstalled it. When I uninstalled it, my original version of the Master's Edition was also erased, which left me with nothing. NCH had an ad with a reduced price for the new Master's Edition good through April (by midnight the deadline had been extended through May 15), so I broke down and bought it and the Express Burn feature, plus an $8 service for 14 days for a total of $76 at the "current exchange rate" (which was quoted to me after the purchase in an email - there was no subtotal before processing my credit card). Now here's the rub: For $76, I got exactly the same version as the free version - it is NOT the Master's Edition - at least not the one I had grown to know and love. And get this: The Express Burn feature, like the free one, does not work. No sound waves are burned onto my CDs when I use it. And I do know how to use these features as I've been working with the product for a couple of years. Also the matter of the $8 service for 14 days? Nowhere have I found information that allows me to use the service. I am left to these forums. My take: I think NCH software marketers are content to take our money without worrying about our satisfaction, unless of course we pay the big bucks.