Recording from Vinyl to computer

Darkie

From Vinyl to my computer I get to were I press record, it records for about 20 sec then a pop up says, Recording has been stopped average volume was detected below -20db which was under the-20db measured under floor noise.

Any help with this would be apprecated.

Thanks

Darkie :(

From Vinyl to my computer I get to were I press record, it records for about 20 sec then a pop up says, Recording has been stopped average volume was detected below -20db which was under the-20db measured under floor noise.

Any help with this would be apprecated.

Thanks

Darkie :(

Sounds to me like there is not adequate audio input signal being detected. Did you run the wizard to ensure that you were getting a signal of sufficient strength? Are you running a phono direct to your computer. Best results obtained using pre-amp or receiver because the signal is much stronger. Don't know enough about your setup to be able to offer more. Hope it helps anyways. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

:rolleyes: Thanks Phil

I run the phono straight in into my computer. What is the Wizard?

Should I have an amplifier or some thing to give it more power? Is their an other way as I don't have an amp?

As you can see Phill I'm a novice.

I appreciate help

Thanks

Darkie

:rolleyes: Thanks Phil

I run the phono straight in into my computer. What is the Wizard?

Should I have an amplifier or some thing to give it more power? Is their an other way as I don't have an amp?

As you can see Phill I'm a novice.

I appreciate help

Thanks

Darkie

Good day, Darkie. We were all novices at one point, and I am still not that experienced with Golden Records (GR), having only converted about 20 albums or so. GR does have a Wizard button up on the left and I think you can access it from the File Menu as well - my GR is on my laptop which is not here right now, so I am going from memory. The Wizard will walk you through configuring your recording session - input strength, connections, floor noise, etc. GR does have a direct phono to computer option that you can set, but I have seen more than one post in this forum that it did not work for some users. It appears that not all turntables are alike in terms of output signal strength, and some of them just don't put a signal strong enough for GR to grab and process. I obtain great results connecting the turntable to my receiver, and then tapping the "Tape Out" jacks for the computer input via a Behringer UCA-202 digital converter device. If I can be any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. The software and setup can be a bit intimidating for some, including myself. It took me a few hours my first time to get everything working the way it should and learning the "characteristics" of the software. It does do a great job so it is worthwhile being persistent. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil