Can Express Talk receive Call Waiting Calls

dazzleme

Hi All,

I have a SPA3102 adaptor setup with Axon and Express Talk.

I have a PSTN line that has Call Waiting setup on it. When I am on a PSTN call and someone else calls in I don't know how to receive the 2nd call using Express Talk.

Does anyone know if Express Talk can retrieve Call Waiting calls?

Cheers

Dazzleme

I don't think this is possible. It would require Axon to send a hook-flash command to the 3102 and I don't think there is any way in Express Talk to signal that you want Axon to hookflash.

What I have done in the past is sign-up with the telco's 'Forward on Busy' feature instead of call waiting and then either have busy calls go to a mobile phone, or better yet to a VoIP number that is linked with Axon (that way you can share the benefits of having a PSTN landline (reliability, security, performance), and the benefits of a VoIP line (cost saving, allowance of simultaneous calls) on one system).

Thanks Pythonpoole,

Yes, that is what I have currently got setup but unfortunately our Telco charges for every call that is forwarded when busy. I am trying to look at ways of answering mulitple incoming PSTN calls without being charged $0.25 AU for every call forwarded to my VOIP line.

I could change our phone number to a VOIP number but I am not that keen in doing this, just in case we lose power or our ADSL line goes down.

The other option is to have a 1300 number that costs $15AU a month and calls are timed after 2 minutes and we pay for the cost of the incoming call. This way customers ring the 1300 number from anywhere in Australia for the cost of the local call and the Telco transfers the call to 3 numbers of your choice. However, we would also have to spend money on our signage to change the number.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

DazzleMe

One possibility is to use a VoIP provider that has failover options.

Basically this means if the call can not be put through to your Axon box for whatever reason (e.g. system down time, power failure, Internet disruption, etc.), calls can be forwarded to another number instead.

One provider that offers this feature free of charge is Voip.ms however last time I tried it didn't work so well with Axon (although I think NCH may have corrected this in the latest version).

Voip.ms offers virtually unlimited incoming for local Australian numbers at a rate of $10 USD/month which handles up to 2 simultaneous calls.

They also offer Australian toll-free 1800 numbers for $10/month plus 6 cents/min and they handle up to 50 simultaneous calls

At this time there is no porting option for Australian numbers however.

I'm sure there are probably other Aussie providers with failover, I just don't know which ones. You can try Faktortel, they seem catered towards business users and they may have some failover options.

Thanks I will check it out.

Also, do you know how to get rid of a bad echo when I am using my headset on PSTN calls coming through the SPA3102? I only seem to get it when someone calls through on the PSTN line. My Voip sounds pretty clear and it is my voice that is echoing. I don't think the customer can hear it. If you don't I will post it in another thread.

Cheers

DazzleMe

There should be 2-3 echo cancellation options in the PSTN section of the 3102 config page. If you set them all to yes, there should be a noticeable difference (virtually no echo). You may also do the same for the line 1 options, although I think those are enabled by default and really only apply for internal calls between the 3102 and Axon.

• 3 weeks later...
There should be 2-3 echo cancellation options in the PSTN section of the 3102 config page. If you set them all to yes, there should be a noticeable difference (virtually no echo). You may also do the same for the line 1 options, although I think those are enabled by default and really only apply for internal calls between the 3102 and Axon.

I found a site that has some settings that have improved the Echo on the PSTN Line through the SPA3012 but I still have a bit a of tweaking before it is better. See link below for anyone else that has similar problems.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...1108030&p=2

Cheers