Auto Split

DAVID JONES

Hi

I have tried both cassettes and vinyl conversion but can't get the programme to recognise a split in the tracks. Have tried setting the noise levels manualy, and various other combinations but still nothing. Having to go back into the programme to split the tracks is doubling the time to convert a record. Any suggestions ?

Dai

Hi

I have tried both cassettes and vinyl conversion but can't get the programme to recognise a split in the tracks. Have tried setting the noise levels manualy, and various other combinations but still nothing. Having to go back into the programme to split the tracks is doubling the time to convert a record. Any suggestions ?

Dai

There is an option to set the length of "silence" that will trigger Golden Records (GR) to recognize a new track - I think you can vary it between 1 and 9 seconds. Personally, I haven't found that it works all that well, since quiet passages in a track can trigger it to split the file where you don't want it split and then you have to join the split files. I just record each track manually - then I know that the tracks are properly split. Even doing that though, I have had GR split files, where it shouldn't, even with the "silence" time set to 9 seconds. One track, it split into 4 files - it was a a capella track and it really confused GR. Nonetheless, I am quite pleased with the software, and once you have a track converted, you never need to convert it again, and can burn as many CDs as you would like. Have a great day.

There is an option to set the length of "silence" that will trigger Golden Records (GR) to recognize a new track - I think you can vary it between 1 and 9 seconds. Personally, I haven't found that it works all that well, since quiet passages in a track can trigger it to split the file where you don't want it split and then you have to join the split files. I just record each track manually - then I know that the tracks are properly split. Even doing that though, I have had GR split files, where it shouldn't, even with the "silence" time set to 9 seconds. One track, it split into 4 files - it was a a capella track and it really confused GR. Nonetheless, I am quite pleased with the software, and once you have a track converted, you never need to convert it again, and can burn as many CDs as you would like. Have a great day.

I have found some free software on the web that does almost the same as Golden Records and is more advanced in the way it lables tracks, I am however reasonably happy with Golden Records but think it is expensive for what it will and wont do.

There is track splitter software (free) on NCH website this works so what i now do is to record the whole of the album and then run it through the track splitter software, this seems to work and you can see from the split track info how long the tracks are so any tracks with no recording time can be deleted before burning them to cd.

Dai