The file is listed but isn't playered

Initially I got a WAV file. It doesn't work.

I saved it to MP3. It still doesn't work.

I changed directory. It still doesn't work.

The sound card is ok.

No error message is shown.

The play button go down and go up. Nothing change. The stop button still disabled and the play don't become disabled.

I don't know what more can I try.

Please, help me!

• 1 year later...

I'm new to the software too, but think I've figured out most of the bugs so far. And tonight actually successfull installed my foot pedal so am feeling competent.

I had the same problem as you when I first started. my files wouldn't play. The manual doesn't seem to be very clear on this but what I ultimate figured out is that it takes time for the file to load. Especially if you have an older slower computer, which I have.

After you press Load wait. At least a minute or so. Eventually you should start to get a percentages reading down in the bottom left hand corner. 1%, 2% and so on. My files are fairly large and they take forever to load. After they start loading you can start working on them, although I've found I have less problems if i just let them load totally before I start working. I don't really have enough RAM (memory) so things get glitchy on me now and then.

I hope this helps. When the file is completely loaded there will be no percentage reading in the bottom left hand corner and in the list itself it will have how long in minutes the file actually is.

Good luck!

Marlene

Initially I got a WAV file. It doesn't work.

I saved it to MP3. It still doesn't work.

I changed directory. It still doesn't work.

The sound card is ok.

No error message is shown.

The play button go down and go up. Nothing change. The stop button still disabled and the play don't become disabled.

I don't know what more can I try.

Please, help me!

• 3 weeks later...