FTP files

elssa

I'm a medical transcriptionist who is hoping to start with a new on-line company now. I just got the ExpressScribe and am having trouble accessing dictation files from my FTP. The company transferred a dictation file into my FTP and put it in a folder we had made named "Metro", but when I try to get it through ExpressScribe by hitting Load and then going to my C: drive, it's not there. I do see the Metro Folder and open it, but the dictation file does not show up.. There is nothing shown in the folder.

This technology/system is pretty new to me, so sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I'm a medical transcriptionist who is hoping to start with a new on-line company now. I just got the ExpressScribe and am having trouble accessing dictation files from my FTP. The company transferred a dictation file into my FTP and put it in a folder we had made named "Metro", but when I try to get it through ExpressScribe by hitting Load and then going to my C: drive, it's not there. I do see the Metro Folder and open it, but the dictation file does not show up.. There is nothing shown in the folder.

This technology/system is pretty new to me, so sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

The "Load" command can't be used for FTP. If you want to download dictations directly into Scribe from an FTP server, you'll need to configure an FTP source in the Incoming tab of the Options dialog, then use the "Sync" command.

On the other hand, if the file really is already in a folder on your desktop then you should be able to use the "Load" command. Does the dictation have one of the supported file extensions?