Need Help

bovong

I've been looking for a software that seperates instruments.. For example i want to load music and eliminate an instrument or vocal.. this way i will only have the instruments i want to here..

Please help...

Thank you...

Audio editing software separates (if this is needed) sounds by their frequency content, not specifically by instrument. If two instruments produce sounds which lie in different parts of the frequency spectrum, then these instruments can be "separated" by frequency-selective filtering. For example, a piccolo can easily be separated from a tuba, since a piccolo produces very high-pitched signs while a tuba produces very low-pitched sounds. On the other hand, if the sounds that two instruments produce lie within the same range of frequencies (i.e., on "top of each other," as it were), it is impossible to separate them by a frequency-filtering process. In this case, there is no way for the software to recognize which is which.

If there is a frequency overlap in the two instruments, but some frequencies remain unique to one instrument while other frequencies remain unique to the other instrument, then it is possible to provide a "partial separation" by eliminating the frequency range which is common to both instruments. The result is unlikely to be very good, however, since frequencies will be removed for both instruments, leading to a degraded tone quality for both instruments. The degradation depends upon the amount of frequency overlap. Every case is different; try experimenting and see if you can come up with an acceptable compromise. To do so, you will have to learn about filtering, in the "effects" menu.

gooroo