New Vista Computer- Problem loading Scribe and Pedals

bigdadbear

My new Aspire Computer has Vista.. Additionally it does not have a Serial Port for my Pedals. I purchased a Serial to USB adapter to convert my Pedals.

I loaded the Express Scribe software for USB connection, When I plugged the Pedal Cable into the USB port --The New hardware Icon popped up but it could not Find drivers ? What do I need to do different...

What Express Scribe Software should I be using? Is their a specific procedure I should use before or after plugging in the pedal cable

Thanks for all suggestions

My new Aspire Computer has Vista.. Additionally it does not have a Serial Port for my Pedals. I purchased a Serial to USB adapter to convert my Pedals.

I loaded the Express Scribe software for USB connection, When I plugged the Pedal Cable into the USB port --The New hardware Icon popped up but it could not Find drivers ? What do I need to do different...

What Express Scribe Software should I be using? Is their a specific procedure I should use before or after plugging in the pedal cable

Thanks for all suggestions

Anyone able to use Express Scribe with VISTA??

I loaded the Express Scribe software for USB connection, When I plugged the Pedal Cable into the USB port --The New hardware Icon popped up but it could not Find drivers ?

Express Scribe doesn't come with drivers for any serial to USB adapters. You need to download Windows Vista drivers for your adapter from the company that made it.

• 2 months later...
It has been months and still no help --How do you use Scripts with VISTA--- Help Please ....

Who should I contact ?

The only issue that I'm aware of when running recent versions of Express Scribe on Windows Vista is that some audio codecs that are installed by default in Windows XP may need to be installed manually.

Try describing your problem in more detail here and you might have more luck getting a response from another user.

If your problem is with a serial to USB adaptor then note that, as mentioned elsewhere in the forums, although these do work for some people they are not officially supported by NCH. If you have a different problem, however, you still have no luck on the forums, consider purchasing support from NCH here.