actdec.exe has ancountered a problem

Guest Mark Harding

Guest Mark Harding

Hi

When I try to convert an act file with Switch 1.05 the actdec.exe module that Switch downloaded and installed falls over.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mark

XP SP2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kesbetik

kesbetik@hotmail.com

Hi

When I try to convert an act file with Switch 1.05 the actdec.exe module that Switch downloaded and installed falls over.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mark

XP SP2

Hi,

I have got the same problem. If you faound any solution please let me know. Thank you.

Regards, kesbetik

kesbetik@hotmail.com

We have found out from a couple of customers that there seem to be "unofficial" variations of the act format for some weird reason - I have seen evidence of this myself. Switch will only support "classic" or "official' ACT files, because we are using a plugin developed by the people who made the format. So basically, if it isn't working for you then I don't think its going to work at all. However, in the interests of finding out why it doesn't work, I welcome you to send a sample file that doesn't work to me at tj[at]nch.com.au and I will see if anything is wrong with it.

• 1 month later...
We have found out from a couple of customers that there seem to be "unofficial" variations of the act format for some weird reason - I have seen evidence of this myself. Switch will only support "classic" or "official' ACT files, because we are using a plugin developed by the people who made the format. So basically, if it isn't working for you then I don't think its going to work at all. However, in the interests of finding out why it doesn't work, I welcome you to send a sample file that doesn't work to me at tj[at]nch.com.au and I will see if anything is wrong with it.

Same problem for me, I send you the file. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I never got it - what is your email address? try again maybe?

I have noticed new reports about how the newer generation recorders support a variation of the act format, and not the "classic" act format that we support. That is the probable reason why you are all having these issues.

It is very frustrating when companies arbitrarily change how they create audio files....