Express Scribe & FTP Storage Site

Abricker

I have my Express Scribe set to automatically download large audio files directly from an on-line FTP storage site. When the file comes into Express Scribe, it shows the correct duration, but appears to only actually download 10% of the file, every file. Thus only giving me the first 3-7 minutes of actual audio of a 50-110 minute duration nad the rest is all dead air. I do not think that it is my sender's issue as every file comes in this way from any source through the FTP site. They are wav and mp3 files that usually about 7mb and up.

I have my Express Scribe set to automatically download large audio files directly from an on-line FTP storage site. When the file comes into Express Scribe, it shows the correct duration, but appears to only actually download 10% of the file, every file. Thus only giving me the first 3-7 minutes of actual audio of a 50-110 minute duration nad the rest is all dead air. I do not think that it is my sender's issue as every file comes in this way from any source through the FTP site. They are wav and mp3 files that usually about 7mb and up.

To work out where the problem is, try downloading some of the files with a stand-alone FTP client. After the downloads, do the original and downloaded file sizes match? If you play the downloaded files in Windows Media Player do they sound complete? If you try to load the downloaded files into Scribe do they still get truncated?