How to make a phone ring?

silverado

Hi everybody,

I have OGM like this one:

---------------------------

For information, press 1.

To speak to operator, press 2.

---------------------------

The operator is on the same phone line. And if calling person press 2, the phone (which on the same line) will ring.

How this can be implemented? Will call transfer work? If yes which one (blind transfer, etc).

Thanks.

You can't transfer the call when the operator is on the same line that IVM has already answered.

What you can do however is set it to go to an OGM that will play an external sound wav (e.g. of a phone ringing) and then have the OGM set to keep repeating until it receives a # signal to which it responds by hanging up.

How would this work you ask?

When the caller selects to speak with an operator, they are put on hold while a ringing sound is then played over the speakers from the computer running IVM. The operator then picks up the line and presses # so IVM will hang-up and the operator can talk with caller without interruption. You can also choose to play a ringing tone or loopable chimes/music to the customer while s/he waits for the operator.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry, for my late response, I was tuning up IVM to test the above setup.

It works very well, but 2 more questions raised:

--------------------------------

1. The scenario is: when operator didn't pickup the phone and pressed # in 15 sec or so, the phone line will be connected to external answering machine, which is on the same phone line as the operator.

Is it possible to setup IVM, that it will emulate pressing # in order to get connected to operator (instead of operator press #) so the call can go directly to that external answering machine?

2. When operator pressed #:

- the OGM_Ring plays ring as an external sound wav, still keeps playing it over PC speakers

- the OGM_Chimes plays waiting chimes/melody for the client, still keeps laying to the incoming client over the phone line

OGM_Ring has 'Hang-up immediately' event attached to # pressed

OGM_Chimes has 'call OGM -> OGM_Chimes' event attached when message ends, so it loops.

How these rings and melody can be stopped when the operator press #?

Thanks a lot.

1. I'm not really sure what you mean.. if IVM answers the call and the operator's line is the same line used for IVM.. I don't see how it is possible for an external answering machine to answer since the phone line wouldn't be ringing, right?

In any case, as a general rule of thumb, playing an audio file in an OGM that corresponds to the tones played for that digit/symbol is the same as actually pressing the digit/symbol (at least to the remote machine). So if you play the # sound on the line, the machine should detect it as a # key press.

2. Try using a short ring audio file (e.g. 4-6 seconds long), make sure it's not set to repeat. If you are still having trouble, you can try executing the wav file as a plug-in and this should run it in your default media player I assume.

Also the Ring and Chimes OGMs should actually be the same OGM. I.e. the caller selects to speak with an operator, they go to a new OGM (e.g. OGM_hold). In this OGM an audio file of loopable chimes is set and an event is created so that pressing the # key will hang-up the call. In the same OGM, an external wav file of a ringing sound is set in the advanced tab.

The result is this: Caller requests operator, hears chimes, at the same time operator hears ringing sound, operator picks up phone and presses #, IVM hangs-up and the call can proceed as normal. If there is still chimes after you press #, it could mean for some reason IVM did not receive the # signal and thus it didn't hang-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know if my problem falls underthis topic, but anyway...

I have an landline number assigned to a VoIP acount with my local opperator. I have set up an Axon server on my computer.

Axon Setup is:

0 for "operator", see below

9 to make an outside call (user shoud dial 9-012-345-6789 for a local call or 9-00countrycode-12-345-6789 for INT'L calls)

101, user 1

102, user 2

etc.

This is...

... how it SHOULD work:

Me (or other people using they phones) can call "0" and get to an option menu:

- 1 for internal calls

- 2 for ext. calls

in case of 1:

I would like to be able to enter the Axon extension number to be dialed then automatically be transfered

in case of 2:

I would like to be able to enter the ext. number to call (say 012-345-6789) and it would automatically dial it (using my VoIP acound, either with IVM or with Axon) and then transfer me to the call.

... how it ACTUALLY works:

call "0", press "2" for external call, IVM hangs up on me... :-(

I removed all "weird" caracters from "blind transfers" and such in the config. menu of IVM. I've tried all kinds of transfers... none of them works :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!