XM / Sirus sample rate

reevescj

Guest MichaelJee

My understanding is that the signal is about the same as a analogue FM radio station. A 128kbps/48khz Stereo CBR would do.

Obviously playing with it could get a smaller size.

Anyone researched the quality of the broadcast signal? I would like to know what codec and parameters would be appropriate for recording this feed? :(

What broadcast signal are you talking about? I am asking this question since your use of the definite article "the" (the broadcast) indicates that you are talking about some specific broadcast signal.

Perhaps you do not mean "the," but rather "a." If you do mean "a" broadcast instead of "the" broadcast, then you are talking about broadcasting in general. If this is indeed the case and I suspect that it is, are you referring to an FM broadcast or to an online radio broadcast (i.e., a streaming internet signal)?

Perhaps unfortunately, we are constrained to discussion here in the English language, which employs both definite and indefinite articles for clarity. Other languages (such as Slavic languages, for example) do not have this luxury. One of these other languages (not necessarily Slavic) may be your native language, which has forced me to ask you for clarification.

If you can answer my question, I will try to zero in on what you are seeking. If you cannot, then I cannot help you. It's this simple.

gooroo

(how to answer a deceptively simple question with a complex question on communication!)

^^ What the funk are you smoking and where do you find the time to type out these largely meaningless monologues?

The title of the this thread denotes "XM / Sirus" as the broadcasting source.

OP - I would suggest contacting them, and engineering an answer from them, you'll then know what the best setting would be to use.

... of course, you coulda just captured the stream in varrying quality settings, and answered your own Q in 20mins... man why would you waste my time like that? ;)