Blacklisted phone numbers

lmdata

Axon does not support this feature natively.. however I think there may be a way to accomplish what you are trying to do. If you had a softphone set-up as an extension that could check the caller ID against a blacklist and then quickly answer and hang-up if the number is on the list... then any incoming call on that ring group would also ring the soft phone and if the number had been black listed the call would immediately be answered and disconnected. If you wanted, you could add a delay of 1 second to the other extensions in the group so that a black-listed caller wouldn't cause the other phones to ring at all (where as without a delay, a black-listed caller would still ring once).

The problem is, I do not know of any soft phone with that type of black-listing capability.

Axon does not support this feature natively.. however I think there may be a way to accomplish what you are trying to do. If you had a softphone set-up as an extension that could check the caller ID against a blacklist and then quickly answer and hang-up if the number is on the list... then any incoming call on that ring group would also ring the soft phone and if the number had been black listed the call would immediately be answered and disconnected. If you wanted, you could add a delay of 1 second to the other extensions in the group so that a black-listed caller wouldn't cause the other phones to ring at all (where as without a delay, a black-listed caller would still ring once).

The problem is, I do not know of any soft phone with that type of black-listing capability.

if you are using the IVM you can block nubers with CID.

goto settings then caller id the enable the call id block and put the numbers you want to block or you can enable the blocking of private or unknow numbers.

you have options to send them to a OGM or just drop the call.

Yes you could use IVM. If you wanted it to ring your phones (after passing the blacklist check) you could set the OGM to transfer to your Axon ring group.

Yes you could use IVM. If you wanted it to ring your phones (after passing the blacklist check)

you could set the OGM to transfer to your Axon ring group.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I do not have IVM nor OGM.

The idea with an extension to a softphone that kills all blacklisted numbers seems good,

but as you said, the problem is to find a soft phone with that type of black-listing capability.

• 10 months later...