New version of uplink releasing soon

nchBen

We are still working on a solution for DTMF. The Skype API does not expose DTMF data so we are coming up with a work around. Should be available in v1.3

I saw a option for "number of simultaneous calls allowed = 10". What does it mean? I tried to make a second call through skype, but Uplink gave engaged tone.

Basically...

- Fixed Skype hanging bug

- Improved handling of Skype startup and shutdown

- More efficient processing of Skype API messages

- Fixed some general bugs to do with incorrectly ending calls

- Fixed bug which prevented Uplink from automatically applying new settings without a restart

Cheers,

BJW

Hello nchBen,

Yes, thanks for the information.

Plus all the extra SIP support (outbound proxy support) was added.

I am still observing the freeze making a SkypeOut call as descibed in

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...entry9173

The only slight difference is that if I quit the call before my SkypeOut number rings, it quit properly. But if my SkypeOut number has actually started to ring, then the Skype/Uplink appear to freeze. If the SkypeOut called number answers, everything is OK.

Again, on Ethereal, the SIP messages look perfect, and Uplink indicates ...

"Call has disconnected"

"About to hang up Skype line"

By killing Uplink, Skype recovers. This seems to be 100% repeatable.

=====

I'll have to look into it further, but if I start Uplink without Skype running, Uplink will automatically start Skype. But when I initiate my SIP call, Uplink doesn't seem to receive the call. But if I start Skype first, then Uplink, everythink is OK.

Thanks, Martin

We are still working on a solution for DTMF. The Skype API does not expose DTMF data so we are coming up with a work around. Should be available in v1.3

Do you know when the 1.3 version get released ? I want to send some DTMF tone from Skype's dialpad to SIP

I am working on it right now. Before 1.3 is released there is likely to be a small release to fix a few bugs for people running uplink on multi-threaded architectures (hyperthreading, dual-core etc). A bit hard to give you an exact time frame but I would say about one month.

BJW

What also would be great is if Uplink can forward the name or number of the person that is calling you on Skype. Because now if I have a missed call on my SIP phone, I have to look in my server with Skype <-> Uplink running to find out who was the caller.