Brief screen flashes

J.D

When i've got the Debut program open, every now and again i get a brief flicker where the screen momentarily goes black before carrying on and this will show up on the recording.  Even if i'm not recording and the program is just open in the taskbar it happens. Once the program's closed, no more flicker.

Thanks

In attempt to fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Uninstall Debut, then delete 3 folders named "Debut" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Debut\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Debut\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\Debut\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/debutpsetup.exe

Once done, restart your system one more time.

Register the program and try again.

Before reinstalling the program, I recommend you to save your previous recordings to avoid losing them during the process. 

If the issue persists, I recommend you to submit a support ticket: https://www.nch.com.au/support/

I tried registering the program but it says i need an ID-Key.  The only code i have is a 7 digit license serial number which came with the invoice/receipt email, and which i'm supposed to enter online to receive the ID-Key.  But i can't fine anywhere on the site to register the 7 digit code.

• 4 weeks later...

So i followed the steps Elk suggested but it hasn't fixed the problem.  

The black flicker/glitch is similar to what sometimes happens when a programme crashes.  Debut isn't affected - even if i'm recording - and the recorded file seems fine on playback, but the glitch is on the recording.