recording stops between songs at a pause in recording

fun

The program stops recording when the music pauses to move to another song/recording. How can one keep recording a playlist, without attending the console to restart after each song?
Unless it can be made to continuously record until instructed on the control panel only one song can be recorded and the software loses its appeal.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Unfortunately, SoundTap is a audio stream recorder, if the stream of audio stops at any point  SoundTap will also stop. There is no way to change this as this is how it works, if the stream of audio is constant then the program should not stop recording.

Good luck!

• 7 months later...

I bought an update for my SoundTap software today and am very disappointed. My old version (3.04) was better because when I recorded several songs in a row the software would stop at the end of the song and restart a new file automatically at the beginning of the next song but with my new version (6.15) the software stops at the end of the song but does not start again at the beginning of the next song ..... ..by paying for the update I thought I would improve the product but it's the opposite, I regressed and I feel like I lost my money in this update.

I use SoundTap mainly to record mp3 files from my vinyl records. Is there a way to configure my new version of SoundTap to make new files for each new song like it did in my old version?........Fortunately, I made a backup of my old version.

• 1 year later...

Well boiz and gurls in the old days they had a way you could put the amount of silence between songs so IT KNEW NOT TO STOP THE RECORDING...BETWEEN THE SONGS~!~~~~!~

I believe when they figured out it was used to Pirate music they stopped this practice...I had recorded hundreds of albums this way...Notanomo!!!

How do you skip silence in recording?
MP3 Recorder Studio includes a silence detection tool that allows you to skip silence while recording audio. By default, it is not enabled. To enable skipping silence, start the program, switch to the "Splitting and Recording Options" tab in the lower part of the window and click on the "Skip silence" option.

• 1 month later...

This is a sad situation for a purchased product.  Sorry to see that they have disabled a previously available function.  I am downloading audiobooks from the Library so they can be loaded onto an MP3 player for my sister who is bedridden with ALS.  I am on file #5 in the current book.  Who has time to sit and listen to a book for 10 hours so you can be there when SoundTap decides to stop recording?
Thanks, Johnne, for the recommendation.  Unfortunately, MP3 Recorder Studio is only available for PCs and I'm in the Mac world.  SoundTap was recommended on several sites ... it's unfortunate that buying it was a waste of money. ☹️

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...